"Lunch and Learn" Programs
These three new programs last an hour to an hour-and-a-half and begin at noon. They are available on weekdays only. Each program includes lunch for up to two people and the Zoo professional, as well as a brief behind-the-scenes experience. Participants must be at least 16 years old.
Lunch and Learn - Zoo Curator
Learn how these professionals oversee the well-being of the Zoo’s animals. This program includes lunch with one of the following
- Curator of Birds
- Curator of Reptiles, Amphibians, Fish, and Invertebrates
- Curator of Mammals (Elephants & Rhinos)
- Curator of Mammals (Apes/Monkeys, Cats and Bears)
Program cost is $325 for Zoo Society members, $350 for non-members.
Lunch and Learn - Animal Caretaker
Learn the ins-and-outs of zookeeping in a top-tier zoo. Caretaker choices are:
- Birds and the Aviary
- Cougars, Alligators and the Swamp
- Otters and Streamside
- Polar Bears and Seals
- Grizzly Bears, Black Bears and Wolves
- Ocelots and the Desert
- Zebra, Ostrich and Giraffe
- Lions and Chimps
- Antelope and Rhinos
Program cost is $300 for Zoo Society members and $325 for non-members.