Valerie H. Schindler Wildlife Learning Center
The Valerie H. Schindler Wildlife Education Center is a multi-function facility owned and operated by the North Carolina Zoo Society. Interns may apply to live at the Center while they are working at the Zoo. The Center's meeting rooms may be rented for a variety of purposes. Free WiFi is available throughout the Center for residents and for meeting room occupants.
LOCATION: The Schindler Center is located at 2663 Old Cox Road in Asheboro, North Carolina (Google map). The building is within a five-minute drive of the North Carolina Zoo's North American entrance and is a short walk from the Zoo's Veterinary Center.
- Interns and researchers may live in the Center while working at the Zoo. The Centers five bedrooms can house up to 14 people. Two private bedrooms are available; the remaining rooms are arranged with two to four beds. Each of the five bedrooms is equipped with a mini-fridge and microwave/
- Residents have access to a laundry room and lounge.
- Students and researchers must apply for space at the center at least seven days before they plan to arrive.
Please use this link to request lodging.
MEETING ROOMS - The Center's meeting rooms have already been reserved for every remaining Saturday in 2019 and for every remaining Sunday in 2019 except for November 24.
- A large meeting room (maximum capacity 50 people) and two break-out satellite rooms may be rented by businesses, Zoo Society members, and other people in the community;
- Meeting room rentals provide access to a full-service kitchen, a spacious great room, and a large screened-in po
- Please use this link to request meeting space. We review event requests weekly, from Monday morning through Thursdays at 4:00 p.m.; We do not review requests on Fridays or on weekends.
- The Center's meeting rooms have already been reserved for every remaining Saturday in 2109 and for all Sundays through October 6.
GAINING ACCESS TO THE SCHINDLER LEARNING CENTER
To learn more about the Schindler's Center's resources and to review the pricing structure for renting space at the Center, please download the 2019 Schindler-Learning-Center-Rental-Information-Sheet(1).
If you would like more information about staying at the Schindler Center or hosting an event there, please complete the appropriate online form. A North Carolina Zoo Society representative will contact you within five business days of receiving your request.
If you are a student or researcher who wants to stay at the Center, please submit your inquiry at least two weeks before the date that you hope to begin your stay.