Valerie H. Schindler Wildlife Learning Center
The Valerie H. Schindler Wildlife Education Center is a multi-function facility owned and operated by the North Carolina Zoo Society. The Center's rooms may be rented for a variety of purposes:
- Interns and researchers may reside in the Center while they are working at the Zoo. The facility's five bedrooms can house up to 14 individuals. Two private bedrooms are available; the remaining beds are situated in dormitory room settings. Each of the five bedrooms is equipped with a mini-fridge and microwave;
- Laundry facilities and a private lounge are available to residents.
- Students and researchers must apply for space at the center at least seven days before they plan to arrive. Please use this link to request lodging.
MEETING ROOMS FOR BUSINESSES AND INDIVIDUALS
- A large meeting room (maximum capacity 50 people) and two break-out satellite rooms may be rented by businesses, Zoo Society members, and other people in the community;
- Meeting room rentals include access to the facility's full-service kitchen, spacious great room, and screened-in porch.
- All meeting rooms and bedrooms have access to free WiFi.
- Please use this link to request meeting space. We review event requests beginning Monday mornings and ending Thursdays at 4:00PM; we do not review requests on Fridays or on weekends.
- As of April 8th, 2019: The meeting room has been reserved for all Saturdays in 2019 except November 2nd and December 28th. All Sundays are reserved through August 11th.
The Schindler Center is located at 2663 Old Cox Road in Asheboro, North Carolina (Google map).
The building is within a five-minute drive of the North Carolina Zoo's North American entrance and is a short walk from the Zoo's Veterinary Center.
GAINING ACCESS TO THE SCHINDLER LEARNING CENTER
To learn more about the Schindler's Center's resources and to review the pricing structure for renting space at the Center, please download the 2019 Schindler-Learning-Center-Rental-Information-Sheet(1).
If you would like more information about staying at the Schindler Center or hosting an event there, please complete the appropriate online form. A North Carolina Zoo Society representative will contact you within five business days of receiving your request.
If you are a student or researcher who wants to stay at the Center, please submit your inquiry at least two weeks before the date that you hope to begin your stay.